Data is priceless. It provides a window into the patient experience. It can show you how you’re performing at different touchpoints across the patient journey. And it can deliver the insights that lead to meaningful, sustainable improvements—driving patient loyalty, patient retention, and patient acquisition along the way.
But collecting data is just the first step. How do you then move from data input to action? How do you translate numbers and comments into insights you can actually use?
Inside healthcare big data: 5 ways to turn insights into action
Integrated data analytics in healthcare give you a 360° view of what’s happening on the front lines. Infusing your day-to-day workflows with data from PX, EX, safety, quality, and other areas helps you interpret the nuances and connect the dots across the entire continuum of care. Here’s how to get it right.
- Break down data silos. Seeing how the data connects helps contextualize hard numbers, giving you a fuller, richer picture of your organization. For example: how patient data and employee data relate, or how patient and employee data impacts other crucial metrics—from safety to clinical care outcomes and beyond. It helps you understand reality.
And technology makes this process easier and more streamlined. See a 360° view of your organization to dig deeper, faster. Are some demographics reporting lower PX scores in a certain unit? Which teams are outperforming others? Breaking down silos in healthcare not only helps you understand where your team could use additional training, but it also shows you where outstanding performers are getting things right. And this helps you make measurable advancements toward more equitable care, a more resilient workforce, and a better patient experience.
- Digitalize data streams. In the fast-paced world of healthcare, you don’t have time to waste. You need data analytics that move as quickly as you do—and a platform that can put the pieces together at the speed of now. Flexible, easily shareable dashboards convert hard data into stories you can see. Unlock dynamic visualizations that are updated based on real-time data and make complicated information crystal clear. Alerts let you know if anything out of the ordinary is going on with your data, so you stay on the pulse of change as it happens, not after it happens.
- Bring rounding into the modern era. Capture intel from patients and staff in real time, and cut down on manual data entry. Press Ganey’s digital rounding solution streamlines the process, enabling live reporting and even real-time service recovery if an experience starts going south. Our interactive dashboards show you rounding results as they come in, so you can instantly see what improvements to make—and how to make things better.
- Harness the power of AI to simulate and predict outcomes. Artificial intelligence (AI) can analyze data in the blink of an eye. And natural language processing (NLP) makes sense of unstructured text comments at lightning speed. Our patented NLP technology is trained on the language of healthcare to help you understand the real story behind each patient and employee experience, identify opportunities for improvement, and guide decisions that yield the greatest impact. So you can proactively introduce solutions and take the guesswork out of any improvement plan.
- Marry your healthcare data with deep human expertise. Once you’ve collected data and developed digital streams, it’s time to strategize. Press Ganey’s strategic consulting team is where healthcare data and technology meet the human touch. Our world-renowned experts bring decades of expertise to their work, helping top healthcare organizations make sense of their data and drive significant, sustainable improvements in PX, EX, nursing, clinical quality, safety, and more.
To learn more about integrating data analytics in healthcare—and see our Human Experience platform in action—book a demo with a Press Ganey expert.